Services for end-users:
• Identification and implementation of Earth observation information to improve strategic or operational decision making.
• Integration of Earth observation information in the organization.
• Acquisition of funding to develop a service.
• Creation of a business case and undertake required business development.
• Formation of an effective collaboration between organizations to develop or operate a service.
• Innovation manager in a project team.
The instrument of the satellite or aerial vehicle determines what can be detected. Examples include radar instruments, which can ‘see’ during the night and through clouds, and satellites that carry sensors sensitive to (near-) infrared light, detecting vegetation.
• Farmer / food organisations: Crop fields and their output can be monitored, which provides valuable information for farmers.
• Disaster relief: Detect disaster risks in a certain area and monitor damage to infrastructure after a disaster has occurred.
• Banks / Insurers / Investors: Earth observation helps to monitor assets and identify the risks on investments, by examining trends in historical data and observing current situations.
One of the projects I am currently working on is: Aurora
Expect a creative process, action based learning and valuable results.
+31 645 642 497
My focus is on the informational needs of the customer. The information has to be reliable and timely available, while the source of the data is often less relevant. The best information is often derived by combining multiple data sources and visualizing them with a geographical information system.
Earth observation helps in many situations to satisfy needs, but other sources can be useful too. I therefore take into account all kinds of data to find the best solution for my customer.